Sep 8, 2009
So this post is going to be a little selfish, but I think thats allowed. After all, it is my blog. And I'm pretty much the only person who reads it, which in itself sounds pathetic. But anyway, yesterday I left the quiet and familiar confines of being a teenager and ventured into the realm of my 20s! You know how people always ask you if you feel different on your birthday? Well, I actually said yes. There's really nothing different about me, but I just feel a little bit older and a little bit more mature, or maybe that I can claim the maturity that I've reached, if that even makes any sense, whatsoever. My friend Danielle listed a few things about her or that she had done in her 2 decades on her 20th birthday, and I think I'll steal the idea, so here goes!
- Enjoyed countless moments that warmed my heart and left me feeling that if the world stopped right then, I'd be ok
- Completed 2 years of college
- Developed a weakness for stationary. And pens and pencils. And good handwriting.
- Built amazing relationships with family and friends that sustain me
- Spent a month immersed in Germany, with a very limited knowledge of the language
- Been parasailing
- Gone to prom in a 5,000 lb military vehicle that was used in Normandy in WWII.
- Flown in a B-17 bomber that was used in WWII.
- Tried and failed, time and again, to do a cartwheel, curl my tongue, and whistle
- Developed a love of tea thanks to my grandmother and aunt
- Decided that my favorite classes in high school were computer science and math, then declared myself a certified nerd
- Played a nun, a bird, a tree, an Adelaide, and countless other things in many, many musicals
- Helped a doctor put stitches in someone. Helped a doctor take stitches out of someone
- Witnessed 3 babies come into this world. Promptly decided that adoption is a great option.
- Collected quite an assortment of books (text and otherwise) because I can't bear to sell them
- Decided that I love taking pictures and documenting moments
- Been a part of an awesome community with people who push me to be a better person
- Become an avid fan of entirely too many tv series
- Created plans and watched God take them and replace them with His infinitely perfect will
- Looked forward to many, many more years to come
So there it is, 20 highlights of my life wrapped up in a nutshell. Its been good, and I can't wait to see what God's got in store.