Sep 10, 2014
first off, let me say that i fully realize that 25 is not that old. but it sure doesn't feel that way. i feel like i hit this milestone....a quarter of a century! halfway through my twenties! and it's exciting and a little terrifying all at once. did anyone else feel that way when they hit 25?
i've never done a "25 before 25" type of thing, but since this birthday does just feel big to me, i thought i'd take my own spin on it!
so here are 25 things i'd love to accomplish in my 25th year.
1. grow in my relationship with jesus...i have just been feeling a yearning to know him more, which should always be there. i'm working on getting into a devo routine, so hoping that i stick to that!
2. spend more time with my family...always a goal!
3. clean out...i need to simplify! specifically when it comes to my closet. i've seen so many of you blogging about your capsule wardrobes and it's been encouraging me to really be honest with what i do and do not need in mine!
4. take a few creative classes...hand lettering, illustrator, maybe photography? i want to build on those very self-taught skill sets!
5. get fit. like, really...i want to be toned, i want to be healthy, and i want to feel good. i originally put a number to this one, but i recently saw a photo of a girl who actually gain 10lbs in the past year and looks so good now compared to her "starting" weight, because she lost fat but gained muscle. so yes, that number on the scale needs to go down, but i'm not going to be disappointed if it doesn't go down as far as i want as long as i'm building muscle and feeling good.
6. and going along with that...run a half marathon!
7. complain less...whether its external or internal, i want to be all-around less grumbly. haha
8. be an awesome small group leader...this past weekend left me feeling really close to my girls...i want to pour into them more than ever this year!
9. travel more...boston, maybe another nashville trip?
10. spend more time with people...i do not see my friends nearly enough, and that needs to change this year!
11. eat better...ok, this one goes along with 5, but i want to feel good about what i put into my body!
12. save more...i would love to see my saving account significantly increase in the next year.
13. pay off my loans faster...maybe counter-intuitive to saving more, but i would really like to take a good chunk out of my student loans in the next year!
14. choose my attitude...i'm a firm believer that you can choose your attitude towards situations, and i want to make sure i'm choosing the right attitude!
15. be grateful everyday...if you've read my blog before, you've probably seen my grateful heart posts...i love practicing gratitude and want to continue to make it a habit!
16. open an etsy shop (or otherwise)...filled with prints and hand lettering and custom design work, of course!
17. knit...i have like 4 half-finished scarves lying around. i want to finish them!
18. give 100% to teaching...preschool is not where i ever thought i'd land, and frankly, the first couple of days have been challenging! but i'm going to give it my all this year, no matter how i feel.
19. read more...y'all know have stacks upon stacks of books...i need to make more time to read!
20. lead a generous life...from my tithe to random acts of giving, i want to be on the lookout for opportunities to be generous every day!
21. cultivate a soft and gracious spirit...i so admire women who are just soft and gentle...the italian in me does not naturally lean in that direction, but i sure would like to work on it!
22. attend a blog conference...ok, i really want to be at influence next year. technically, by then, i'll be 26. but its going on the list anyway.
23. look for opportunities to help others...i try to always do this, so i'd like to continue it and do even more!
24. take this blog places...it's growing fast, and i'm so excited about that! i want to continue to cultivate a community around it and keep building the community that is taking off in the peony project!
25. dream big. if there's anything i've been learning these past few months, its to dream big and chase those dreams. i want to keep verbalizing and going after the big dreams!
did you make any goals for yourself on your next birthday? what were some of them?